Thursday 6 February 2014

Artillery Templates, terrain markers.

In an attempt to kick start my VCBW campaign I re-read the 'Yuletide' edition of Miniature Wargames.

There was a very interesting scenario about a mini-campaign revolving around a river crossing. It is written in such a way that it is easily adapted to any period. After a little thought I shoehorned it into my concept for the 'Wirral Campaign'
I want this ready by Easter so a concerted effort to build up my forces must start now.

As a preamble, and as arty plays such a role, I wanted to get some templates up and running. So here is my concepts. 


The stuff needed.

Sealing the central hole
Although the 'World in Flames' rule set has a smaller diameter for arty. I've used CDs as they are convenient and cheap. A suitable 'saving throw' house rule for those on the edge should get over the extra coverage. 







Plasticine Sausages 

Rolled into circles.

Hot Glue to Bases

All three experiments

PVA glue wash to harden

Filler covering

Hot glue for puddling










Now leave to dry paint and base. They appear OK but not too happy with them. Let's see what happens in the future. I have some further ideas for these and others.

Catch you all soon.

LRQ.



5 comments:

  1. I think they look nice, I will try my hand at them some time, good Idea about the save roll for troops on the edge. I would suggest that all of the minis base has to be covered by the template for the artillery to effect it, and a -1 modifier on the artillery effect table for minis with all their base just in side the blast radius

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cool Blog mate, link added

    ReplyDelete